Tuesday, December 13, 2011

If Loving Toddlers and Tiaras is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Right

I'm behind, but I didn't want to skip this one! It just ended up that way. So another double assault today.

Day 12 -- Prompt: Name and explain the one guilty pleasure you can't live without. Ie: that cupcake shop you visit weekly, a book you repeately read to find solace in, etc). Then explore the idea of how you would feel if you gave that thing up for a year. Courtesy of Neha @ whereyouarehere.blogspot.com.

Oh geez. I have so many guilty pleasures. It's possibly embarrassing. Therefore, I will be making a list.

  1. Starbucks. Grande Non-Fat Extra Hot Chai Latte. This is probably my biggest vice.
  2. Trashy Television and/or Reality Television (since they're not necessarily the same thing). In no particular order: Hoarders, Toddlers and Tiaras, Cupcake Wars, Intervention, Project Runway, Top Chef, The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs, Chopped, Obsessed, Dateline on ID, Solved, Disappeared, and most permutations of crime shows.
  3. Friends. As in the television show. I would be a very sad and unhappy person without this show. I fall asleep to it almost every night. It relaxes me.
  4. Crocheting. Though this may not be necessary a fully guilty pleasure, it is when I'm doing it *instead* of grading. It soothes me, but sometimes it's probably not the most appropriate use of my time.
  5. Sombrero's Mexican Food. I'll admit it. This is my Mexican food of choice. I've been eating it more rarely lately but it's definitely a guilty, guilty, delightful, delicious pleasure.
  6. Facebook. I'm not even going to pretend like I'm above spending hours a night on Facebook, at least while I'm doing other things.
  7. Disneyland. I have an annual pass and pretty much get withdrawals if I don't go in any given 4-6 week period.
  8. Golden Spoon. Frozen yogurt in general is a pleasure, but Golden Spoon, in my opinion, is the closest to ice cream as you can get and it's amazing.
  9. Diet Coke. I've really been trying to wean myself off. But it's too. hard.
  10. Christmas Music. Because I've been known to listen to it year-round. Well, maybe not year-round. From about September through the Christmas season. I'm especially fond of George Winston's "December" album. Favorite album of all time.
There. I think ten is sufficient. In terms of what I could or couldn't give up? I could probably easily give up Christmas Music, Sombrero's and MAYbe the trashy television. But give up Chai? Diet Coke? Disneyland? I think not. Pretty much everything on this list is a guilty pleasure because it all helps me relax and survive the hellishness that is my job right now. Though a lot of these things distract me from work, at least they're things that fill me with happiness and joy.

But if I lose my job this year, Disneyland will probably have to be the first things that goes. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment