Thursday, December 8, 2011

And then there was YouTube. And life was never the same.

Yesterday was Wednesday, which is my world is my weekly hectic day from Hell. Wednesdays are my days where I teach straight from 7:30 to 3:35 with no break except lunch and no prep period, then sometimes I have Department Chair meetings until 4:30, then I have rehearsal a little over half an hour away in El Cajon. Yesterday, though, was our Winter Concert, so I rushed home from school and changed into my concert black dress and attempted to rush down to Cuyamaca College and ended up being 20 minutes late for call time (which basically made me stressed out the rest of the night). I didn't get home until about 11, and then I went straight to bed, so the blogging thing didn't happen. But this was a prompt I very much wanted to write about, so I'm just going to do two day.

Day 7 -- Prompt: Who or what makes you laugh so hard that milk shoots out your nose and why? Slapstick, dry witty comedy, your kids, Monty Python? Courtesy of Kassie @ bravelyobey.blogspot.com.

I'm a good laugher. I laugh at lots of things. I'm fairly easy to make laugh, I think, and since I tend towards collecting people in my life that I genuinely love and enjoy, I laugh frequently.

* My brother makes me laugh with his grumpiness and sarcasm. My brother also collects odd turns of phrase, which, while not necessarily always his own, just make me giggle. The newest phrase I learned from him was "Oh, it looks like that guy's really ridin' the Struggle Bus." And also, "Okay, okay, I'm smellin' what you're cookin'" -- which means "Oh I get it now." He's just a hilarious kid. And he's especially funny when he's telling a story about his life, and his stories about working as a bartender at Island's are PRICEless.

* Jack makes me laugh pretty much daily for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes he's grumpy like me at things, other times we laugh together watching our favorite YouTube videos, sometimes we laugh just generally at each other or with each other. We laugh together at The Daily Show, at The Big Bang Theory, at random things we find online. And Jack has the best laugh -- it's somewhere between a giggle and laugh and it's awesome and infectious.

* My mom makes me laugh because she's just awesome. She's brilliant, which makes her witty and she's awesome at making the most random references to things, especially Galaxy Quest, Friends, and The Princess Bride.

* Summer makes me laugh with her snark and her wit. We pretty much spend most of our time together laughing. If we're in good moods. And not complaining about work. Heh. She has a great laugh, too. And we tend to find many of the same things funny.

* I will NEVER NOT find a well-placed "That's what she said" funny. Ever. I'm such a bad teacher; I will laugh hysterically when a student effectively deploys the "That's what she said".


* My students. For many, MANY reasons. This is both a blessing and a curse.

* Eddie Izzard, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Margaret Cho, Bill Engvall, and Greg Beherendt will always make me laugh. I love stand up comedy when it's smart and realistic.

* I will always laugh at Tom Hanks laughing in The Money Pit.

* I laugh at idiocy.

* I pretty much always laugh on Disney's Tower of Terror. I don't really scream; I giggle like an idiot.

I laugh at almost everything. But these are the things that make me happiest to list.

Enjoy the YouTube videos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment